Monday, October 18, 2010

Sweet Memories.

Memories. It's a place in the past we sometimes go to for comfort, when the present just isn't good enough. It's also a place that holds our lives together. It can also be a place where dreams are blurred... Where the lines between the truth and the wanted become unclear. 

I've got so many great, amazing memories that I never dare to forget. My first bike, my first crush, my first Summer romance... etc. Memories of people in life. Family. Friends. Best Friends. 

The thing is, I love those memories and I cherish it so, so much. But I'd never want to relive it. This is because, nothing you do in the present can live up to a great memory; a great memory cannot be duplicated or bested. 

I've liked and admired. I've lived a dream. My Summer romances in Vietnam have been innocent and amazing. But everytime I return to Vietnam, it's never the same story, we can never pick up where we left off. Because we have two things against us, distance and time.

i'll never forget that moment
when i saw you for the first time
how our first date went
anything but smooth and fine

so young and so stupid
we couldn't say a thing
astonishing, it even started
even despite the arguing

but we lived in that moment
we didn't think about the Fall
how our time together was spent
how we could've had it all

we barely spoke a day
but what was, was enough
it all sent me into such a daze
i never felt like giving up

until i left and then came back
then realised what had happened
everything was spinning out of whack
everything. us. weakened.

but nothing hurts more 
than seeing your face
trying so hard to ignore
the fact you've been replaced

but you never even fought
was it not good enough for you?
so then everything i've thought
was it just me being a fool?

i'll never forget our memories
as i can't ever make new ones
not the same, anyway, like you and me
as the saying goes, what's done, is done

i still reminisce our days
the confession, the date
long walks at night along the bay
the calls, the fights, the wait

it may be four thousand miles
but i hope and wish you all the best
to always have a great smile
to find great love to confess


No comments:

Post a Comment