Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Source of Love

Music downloading. Everyone does it. When I do, when I find a new song I like... I would put it on repeat for ages then stop listening for a while then it goes on my favourites list... (really long list)..

I remember after watching Rugrats in Paris, I absolutely loved the song I Want a Mom That'll Last Forever by Cyndi Lauper.. It played when Chuckie was looking out the window of the plane going to Paris.. It was such a touching scene. After I found the title I downloaded the song.. but.. I didn't listened to it. I still haven't. I don't want to even think about the possibility I might ever lose her. 

There's this girl I knew from high school... we were kinda friends when she first came to the school, never really liked her... when she started going out with my friend, I was cool with it.. but after the first 6 months I started getting annoyed at her. People change in relationships but I hate seeing how much she controls him.. this led to us not talking for a while... months even I think.. but I couldn't lose him and I just got over it. To be honest, I really don't remember the details or anything.. and this was just last year. 

The point is, after they broke up she started going out with this kid and it bugged the crap outta me that she was flaunting him to the world - most of all, to my friend. Skip a few chapters... I almost got suspended for cyber-bullying.. Good thing I hadn't started a blog yet... would have been way worse. I've put enough detail into this anecdote but just know that.. lines were crossed in the cyber-war.. lines that lead to personal distraught. Lines that were unknown to us. We felt terrible.. and were only sorry for that aspect.

I've always hated 'ya-mum' jokes. I would tell anyone off there and then if they started bad-mouthing anyone's mother, especially their own. No matter how much I disliked this girl, I could never say anything about her mother. No matter how much I despise people as much as the world despise Hitler, I could never, ever, ever, mention their mother within an insult.

That is the one thing that ties us together; everyone - everything. Makes us who we are. 

If you can't love your mother, you can't love anyone else. 






you probably have no idea
how much i really love you
i might not always make it clear
that there is no one above you

you are the source of who i am
i look to you for hope, love and strength
for you, i'll do what i can
even if some days, i don't go the length

i don't say or show it half the time
but i don't even need to apologise
cuz' either way you're always mine
i'm grateful you are part of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment