Friday, April 16, 2010

young love

remember your first crush? remember that funny feeling you got every time you saw that special person? you wanted to look at them, you wanted to talk to them, but you just kept blushing and ran away... ok, maybe it was just me. 

despite having my friends tease me and constantly getting embarrassed.. i want to go back to those days. i want to reach back into my past. i want to tell that kid i like liked him.. but that isn't worth it.

i miss that little kid, but he isn't that kid anymore, and i'm not that little girl. i miss those feelings, but tampering with the past does bad things to the present.. even if you don't have a time machine.

those kinds of memories will never leave your mind. i don't remember much of my primary school days anymore.. i think my brain is just making room for new memories.. just those special short moments will never fade.




looking back into your past
sometimes feel like a mistake
things you thought would last
turns out to be all fake

puppy love is what i felt
his eyes, his lips and laugh
one look, and i would melt
and that is just the start

i'd look at you
across the playground
sometimes you did too
but i'd quickly turn around

seeing you now
after all these years
makes me ask how
did i not shed a tear

when i left without a single goodbye
when you hinted me words of bliss
when i figured out it wasn't a lie
when you didn't end up being my first kiss

wishing now, i could turn back time
regretting i didn't fall for your scheme
dreaming you could still be mine
imagining the romance extreme

do you recall a little girl?
you once blushed to see
she's grown up in a separate world
hoping, again, someday you'd meet

yet, the past is still the past
no matter how much one lingers on
it is such a tedious task
to denying someone is gone

out of my life maybe
but never from my mind
always in my memories
no matter how long the time



No comments:

Post a Comment