Wednesday, April 21, 2010

time

What would I do without technology? I might be able to achieve in my academics at a higher level - I might have a more active lifestyle - I might have time. I was watching a Disney show, Sonny With A Chance, yeah I know, Disney - I love it. The point is, Demi Lovato performed a song called Me, Myself and Time. It had amazing lyrics. They were very original and the song was just really good. 

I've always thought to myself how amazing people from history are, our ancestors. They were able to build giant boats, buildings that are architecturally amazing! They were able to survive in a completely different environment. They may not have had a longer life-span than those of us today, but they did so much. Great people from probably not-so-great backgrounds doing great things, without technology. They were born with such a skillful mind. The kind of mind that we take for granted these days. The kind of mind that made history.

Even as I'm typing, I'm thinking about their great calligraphy skills that we have lost. We're slacking off because well who cares how neat our handwriting is when typing is so much easier and less time-consuming. We are losing value skills through evolution to make life better... I'm not going to live in the past and cut myself off from society but If I had a chance to go back in time and observe those great minds at work and see how people lived before technology, that would be worth more than any fortune or material object in this entire universe.



if we just let everything
become ambient and disappear
we will risk losing
everything we love so dear

don't sit and wait for the next tick
get out there and beat the tock
don't waste time by making a list
don't waste it by checking the clock

but what if we do
if we stop and look at life
at the red, green and blues
really seeing for the first time

sense all that is
around, above and beyond
while you both still exist
before it's all gone

No comments:

Post a Comment