Wednesday, May 19, 2010

blurry but clear

Open my eyes just to yearn for the dream I just woke up from. I sigh to myself. My mind says don't get up the dream can be a reality if you believe. But everything around me points to reality. The alarm clock saying it's a brand new day - whether I like it or not. The clanging in the kitchen says it's breakfast time - gotta eat, gotta survive, gotta live.

I hop outta bed and into the shower. As I stare at the droplets on the glass, I think of all the what if's I can possibly think of. I get dress, have breakfast, grab my bag and rush out the door.

On the way to the bus stop I look at every detail so carefully. The veins on the leaves, the ants on the footpath... trying to imagine I'm seeing it all for the first time.

Sitting at the bus stop I think of what could happen right now that could change my life forever. Just like a scene from a movie. What would that be like?

I get on the bus. Looking out the window - drifting off into my own world. Imagining it all as a cartoon.

Suddenly I realise, I just spent my entire morning dreaming. Something I would have been doing if I had chosen to stay in bed. However this dreaming is all me. It's all my choice. I have complete control. I'm living the best of any world! Dreams, reality... anything. The lines are blurry, but one thing is definitely clear... I can be that line.

No comments:

Post a Comment