Saturday, May 22, 2010

Taeyang



Everyone has a favourite song, a favourite performer, an idol. Mine has got to be Taeyang. He is a 23-year-old South Korean singer. Also part of Big Bang, my favourite Asian music group.




A few years ago, I accidentally came across his song Make Love on Limewire when I was looking for random new songs. And I've been hooked ever since. You could even say obsessed. He is an amazing singer, dancer and I'd imagine, an amazing person.

I write poetry but I don't write songs. I sing in the car but I don't dream of becoming a performer. So I never thought I'd idolise a performer so much. Even though most of the time I don't understand his lyrics, I understand the song. His songs make me feel something. They are soulful. Every beat; the music, lyrics and dance steps - I can feel how much effort has been put in.

I know the press exaggerates a lot. Though I want to believe that what I've learnt about him is true. His personality they describe, his ethics; it reinforces my beliefs to his music. It actually makes me feel better about this world.

I study Politics. I am beginning to hate it, because it makes me feel so sad about the world. I want to think liberally, but I always end up the realist. hen I turn on my iPod and Taeyang takes me to a whole other place. I think about what kind of person he is. It makes me feel that this world can have perfection, just like him - but there is a lot of work to be put in. It makes me think liberally.

I've actually stopped myself from posting about him so many times cuz I know I'll start rambling like the obsessed teenage girl I am. But here it is. To my idol, Taeyang.

Taeyang - Wedding Dress



Big Bang - Tell Me Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment