Monday, July 12, 2010

the art of friendship.

One of the life quotes I have thought of and live by is: "There's always someone out there worst off than yourself, so get over it!"


Life throws some painful punches. It can come from any direction; unexpectedly. But just because you didn't see it coming, doesn't mean you can't see it leave. There is no point in sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. Distract yourself - it's not denial, it can be a way of showing yourself what else you have in the world, what you are moving on to.


The latest punch toward me has felt really slow and painful. It's stuck around for the past 12 days. Though someone has done an excellent job with distracting me, they aren't around 24/7. At some point I'd think about it and feel the pain.


The source of the punch might read this. And I only want to ask, why you couldn't you leave the good memories as they are? This may have been the closure you needed but it has ruined, for me, every good memory we've ever had. 


I feel like I've been deceived. Like I'm not good enough to be a friend. Once you're done with your feelings and packed it away - I'm gone too. And I must say I don't entirely believe what you've confessed. I felt guilty towards you at first, then furious, and now, just disappointed.


I thought our friendship was one of the most genuine. But I'm wrong. I seem to be wrong about a lot of things. Especially in this area. The art of friendship.


despite our past
despite our present, our future
i thought our friendship would last
but now i'm not so sure

you aren't the person
that i once befriended
the real you have risen
since you chose this end


if only you could've
let life run its course
then that would've
not been as worse


this is never 
the ideal way to end
but you've left no other
my once-so-called friend



Wishing you the best for your future endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment