Tuesday, July 13, 2010

good to know

What is it that scares the human race? What is it that is the most powerful tool and weapon of all? Knowledge. We are always frantic and scared when we lack knowledge and intelligence. Take the swine flu for example... it isn't as fatal as the normal flu, but because we knew so little about it, it scared us. 

Just like anyone's child, I have kept secrets from my mother. But that is one feeling I can live the rest of my life without. I need her to know everything that is going on in my life because she is seriously the best guidance counsellor in the world. She knows exactly what I should do and what I shouldn't. And it always turns out better for me when I do listen.

I've been telling her half the stories about a certain event. Because of that, I've been anxious and confused about what it is I am aiming for. Now that I've told her everything and heard the feedback, I feel much better and can kind of see the big picture.

Another scenario would be about taking a chance. I would take the chance if I could kind of see the other side. And when I find out the truth, ideal or not, it relieves me of the stress and frustration.


It's just simply good to know.


don't leave me in the dark
searching for a speck of light
not knowing how easy or hard
all the what if's, maybes and mights

searching with nothing
except my intuition
just give me something
to relieve the confusion

i'm scared more than ever now
i just simply don't know
where, what, when or how
what to do, where to go

air is failing to reach my lungs
my skin, drenched in liquid beads
 my head pounding like a drum
i can barely stand upon my feet


No comments:

Post a Comment