Wednesday, July 14, 2010

defeat.

'Taking the road less travelled' is, of course, a risk. It's not the smoothest path, but there is a chance of a better end. In modern society, it is a norm that gender roles be played in reverse. Woman working equal with men, girls asking out guys, even proposing. A girl is still a girl though. 



Despite the changes of time, a girl still likes to be 'wined and dined'... They like to be treated well, special. I've taken a shot. I've tried something new. But I'm tired. I'm done.


we are so naive
to think we've a future
to actually believe
that life can be so sure

i hate myself for falling
i hate you for being here
i hate all this aching
i hate how nothing's clear

you cannot torture me more
yet you haven't a clue
what else can i do you for?
lower more of my value?

if you feel what you say
then act it out to me
be a man and convey
what you want us to be

i'm done with this chasing
i really, truely am
i don't see this continuing
we don't have a chance


we never think far ahead
until the water is at our feet
into our homes, schools, beds
all that's left to do is to accept defeat


No comments:

Post a Comment