Sunday, July 11, 2010

smiles all round :)

I just found these two verses in one of my drafts from a while back but it fits how I felt a few nights ago. When I'm dancing with my friends or anyone, I get carried away by the songs and the people. I forget how breathless I am and just keep dancing. This describes something similar to that but on a different level. 

spinning on the dance floor
no thoughts of past, future or present
just i know that i won't fall
because i can feel your presence

as we cast adrift
either on plains or at sea
as long as our grasps fit
anywhere is where i'm meant to be

From my last post, I felt like I was back to square one, but in a way I was feeling... enlightened. Getting over things. Taking a breath of fresh air. Then it all went down a completely different way than I had expected. It may seem sad to have your emotions controlled by someone else's actions... But in this case I'm pretty happy with it. 

I must say though... I have to thank my dear friend Dilek and her meddling... 'speeding things up' as she puts it. And within these next few verses, you can pretty much picture how I'm feeling now.

the right words
are all you say
nothing is blurred
yet i am in a daze


i didn't want
my heart to race
but now i can't
get this smile to fade


i see the best in you
you bring out the best in me
with you, i never lose
it feels... 'meant to be'


i don't need to sleep
because i'm living a dream
never a reason to weep
only to smile, it seems :)




No comments:

Post a Comment